|Date:||2013-11-04 by Niels Henrik Bruun|
The purpose is to develop and gather python based object oriented effective code to work with financial/scientific calculations like risk management, pricing and hedging. Further the purpose to get or produce proper financial documentation for the scripts presented here.
I have found that Python is a fantastic tool to develop financial tools. Some of the reasons for this are:
- Python is fully object oriented
- Python is strongly supported on numerical calculations
- Python is easy to learn and have a clear syntax
- Python is a worthy alternative to eg. Excel and Matlab doing Scientific calculations
- Python can be almost as fast as eg. C or Fortran due to the fact that slow code parts are converted to C or Fortran module and run from Python
- See more arguments for using Python
But allthough the financial system Front Arena use Python as a scripting language, there are very few homepages dedicated to financial calculations in Python. As Python is overlooked in the financial community I decided to start this site.
This is not just about Python, though. Spreadsheets is also looked upon with regard to scientific/financial calculations and scripting.
If you got comments to this site please send me a mail.